BLRB Architects is looking for an architect with exceptional design/visualization skills. Established in 1953 in Tacoma, Washington, BLRB Architects has become a regionally recognized leader in architecture for public spaces. Now in our 65th year of service to clients and their communities throughout the Northwest, we have built a reputation for creative, cost-effective design, sustainable architecture and a people-centered approach to project development and delivery.
Our firm encompasses four fully-staffed offices — Tacoma, Spokane, Portland and Bend, Oregon. We offer a work environment that supports continuous professional growth and development and employs a creative, exploratory and collaborative approach to all we do.
Responsibilities of this position include:
= Production of 3D renderings typically utilizing models generated by project teams in Revit as a starting point.
– Production of animation sequences typically utilizing Lumion and/or SketchUp.
– Assist project teams in the production of 3D walk-through sequences utilizing real-time rendering software such as Enscape.
– Production of graphic site plans, building plans and diagrams for client presentations.
– Assist in the production of interview materials and client presentations specifically utilizing 3D renderings, 2D architectural graphics and animation sequences.
– Willingness to travel and share knowledge and techniques with fellow employees to elevate and unify the rendering and animation approach across all offices.
– Assist marketing team in establishing and maintaining graphic standards across all offices.
– An unwavering commitment to keeping up with industry trends and the latest developments in architecturally focused animation and rendering software.
– Bachelor degree in Architecture.
– 3-5 years of experience in an architectural firm.
– Strong communication skills to effectively work with numerous teams, often on truncated deadlines.
– Ability to manage and prioritize the requests of numerous project teams and consistently deliver high quality results on schyedule.
– Proficient in the following programs: Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
– Proficient in at least one (if not more) of the following 3D modeling programs: Rhino 3D, 3ds Max, and or SketchUp.
– Proficient in at least one of the following: Maxwell Render and/or V-Ray.
– Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, extensive experience with Photoshop in particular.
– Additional desired software experience: Lumion, Enscape, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects
– Additional desired professional experience working on an architectural project team from schematic design through the construction documentation process.
BLRB Architects services on average $350 million in construction volume annually. We offer a competitive salary, and a benefit package that includes profit sharing, employer 401(k) contribution, 100% employer paid employee health and life insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. BLRB Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is in our Tacoma, WA office.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and graphic work samples and three professional references to: email@example.com.
Please include the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Email attachments should be under 8MB. No phone inquiries, please.