ORA is seeking a well-rounded architect or intern with 2-5 years experience to take on significant responsibilities on a diverse range of arts/cultural/workplace projects. Our ideal candidate will be a great collaborator with strong design, technical and communications skills, as well as capacity/interest in assuming firm responsibilities as opportunities emerge.
· Professional architecture degree
· 2-5 years architectural work experience on public and workplace projects
· On path to licensure or licensed architect
· Passion for high quality innovative design
· Ability to evolve detailing and collaborate with team to carry vision through to realization
· Sustainable design experience, including experience with LEED & Living Building Challenge
· Strong presentation and documentation skills
· Facility with Revit, Auto-CAD, Sketch-up, and Adobe Creative Suite
· Strong interest in collaborating with clients, consultants, and contractors
ORA provides innovative design services to a diverse range of community-focused organizations and private clients, with particular emphasis on the design of arts and cultural venues, public open spaces, and adaptive transformation of aging facilities.
We collaborate with clients, community, and craftspeople to create transformative environments which enhance each client’s ability to achieve their mission on all levels, from community engagement to creative gathering spaces, with environmental, economic and social sustainability at the forefront. We accomplish more with less, offering large firm expertise with small firm responsiveness and personal approach.
Each design evolves through open-minded exploration with clients and community to create inspiring environments which express each client’s unique context, program and values. Representative projects include Volunteer Park Amphitheater, Seattle Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs, Center for Spiritual Living, Tacoma Theater District, SIFF Film Center, Seattle Vivarium/Olympic Sculpture Park, and 12th Avenue Arts.
We share an open studio with a collective of other architecture, planning and design firms in a loft building on Capitol Hill. We are an equal opportunity employer, with excellent compensation and benefits.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a letter of interest, resume and work examples to Owen Richards via email at email@example.com