SHKS Architects is focused on the sustainable renovation, repair, and adaptation of existing buildings and sites for contemporary use; conserving embodied energy, habitat, material, and cultural resources. Through collaboration, care, craft, and discovery, we reveal architecture’s inherent optimism, contributing to our local community and to the global stewardship of natural and built environments.
Our 23-person architectural practice is located in the north Lake Union/Fremont neighborhood. Current projects include a mix of public/institutional projects, including libraries, university buildings and municipal facilities; residential, commercial and mixed use projects.
SHKS Architects provides a supportive, creative work environment with competitive benefits and compensation.
We are currently interviewing for a full time Project Architect (40 hours/week)
The ideal candidate should have:
• A professional degree in architecture
• 2 to 7 years of professional experience
• Superior design and communication skills: verbal, written, and graphic
• Proficiency with REVIT and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with project design and documentation including consultant coordination and construction administration
• Technical proficiency in detailing and knowledge of building systems
• Experience and interest in renovation, adaptive reuse and preservation projects
• LEED Accreditation and/or knowledge of sustainable design strategies
• Skill with zoning and building codes
• Ability to manage oneself and others in a collaborative team environment
Email your resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com. 4mb maximum file size.