SHW (formerly S+H Works) is a modern architecture firm located on Capitol Hill. We are an 11 person and growing firm working on a variety of typologies with a focus on multi-family, mixed use, and adaptive-reuse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- One to four years experience.
- Familiarity with both low-rise and mid-rise architecture.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Possess great verbal, written, and graphic communication skills.
- Excel in a fast-passed environment, multi-tasking, and creatively solving problems.
- Aesthetic sensibilities consistent with our modern designs.
- Fluency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite & MS Office.
- Familiarity with the Seattle Land-Use Code and the Seattle Building & Residential codes and experience with permitting through Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections.
- Master of Architecture.
- In the process of obtaining architecture license.
- Experience in multi-family architecture.
What you can expect from us:
- Flexibility: Architecture is a demanding, results-focused industry. We do the best we can to make sure you can still have a life outside of the office.
- Benefits: PTO, health, dental, and vision insurance benefits. ORCA cards provided for those who commute by public transportation.
- Recognition: As a vital member of a small firm, you will have the chance to be involved in every step of the design process, from feasibility studies to construction administration. The work you do will have a significant impact on the success of the firm.
- Growth: We support continued education through time off for professional development, ARE/IDP support, AIA certified Lunch & Learns and other opportunities.
- Cutting Edge Creative Tools: We have an in-house 3-D printer and a laser cutter.
- Environment: From refreshments to Happy Hours to March Madness, we like to make sure we are enjoying the place we work as much as we enjoy the work we do.
Please visit us at www.s-hw.com to view our work if you are not already familiar with it. To apply, email your resume and portfolio (10mb max) to email@example.com.