Pelletier + Schaar
The award-winning team at Pelletier + Schaar, a multi-disciplinary design firm on the banks of Port Susan, seeks an Intern Architect to assist on Residential, Multi-Family housing, land-use consulting, commercial, educational, and healthcare projects.
We address the client’s need with elegant solutions that are collaborative with their vision and our combined 30 years of design excellence.
We are recognized in the design community for the quality and thoughtfulness of our work, and for out outstanding collaborations with local builders and craftsmen.
As a small firm we enjoy the ability to be nimble, taking on a wide variety of project types and collaborating with other local firms.
About the Role
The primary function of the Intern Architect is to support the project team in the completion of one or more concurrent projects. Collaborates with all team members in an effective and efficient manner and works under direction of and in collaboration with key project team members.
We are seeking an Intern with about 1-3 years of experience to join our team. We are looking for the following criteria in a new team member:
● Has a positive and professional work ethic and demeanor when interacting with colleagues, clients, contractors, government officials, and others.
● Works in a team setting and independently.
● Attends, when needed, client meetings and site visits.
● Can manage and interact with clients, contractors and government officials to aid in the successful completion of projects.
● Pinpoints and aids in resolving document conflicts and deficiencies.
● Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, Sketch-up and Revit to create and prepare architectural drawings and models at all levels of project development.
● Modifies and updates CAD drawings to reflect client and architect changes.
● Gives appropriate input into architectural documents, based off a sufficient knowledge of architecture and construction.
● 1-3 years of work experience in the AEC field.
● Has a 2 to 4 year Architectural Design and or Engineering Drafting Degree or higher.
● Authorized to work in the United States.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include paid sick and vacation time, compensation for individual medical coverage and assistance with continuing education.
• Working on Washington State’s gorgeous Pacific Coast with easy access to hiking, beaches and the San Juan Islands.
• One on one mentorship and a wide range of IDP category hours.
• Accessible cost of living, with Seattle and Bellingham a short drive away.
• Project sites on both picturesque waterfront properties and in the Seattle urban landscape.
Apply by sending a PDF of your resume and project samples or a link to an online portfolio to David at email@example.com.