Christopher Jones Architects
Christopher Jones Architects is a Seattle based residential design firm founded on the belief that all buildings should be thoughtfully designed, well crafted, sustainable, and bring satisfaction to their owners. Every project is a partnership with our clients, and stands as a reflection of their desires and goals in equal measure with our vision. The results are highly engaging places that improve people’s lives.
To help us achieve our mission, we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented person to join us as a Staff Architect. You will be working on all areas of design and documentation for our multifamily housing projects, with the occasional single-family home added to the mix to keep it interesting. Most of our projects are in Seattle, however some experience in surrounding jurisdictions would be valuable.
We share office space on Capitol Hill with a great local developer (who is also our client), so an ability to fit in and be friendly with a diverse group of people is important. We understand that everyone brings a wide range of talents to the table, but we’re looking for the following as a minimum:
· Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree of architecture, working towards licensure.
· 2-4 years of experience with mixed-use apartments and townhouses, including construction administration.
· Understanding of typical Type V construction, and ability to prepare construction documents.
· Strong understanding of the International Residential and Building Codes.
· Knowledge of Seattle land use and building permit processes is required, with Seattle design review experience preferred.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
· Able to coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
· Be dependable and a self-starter.
· Excellent written verbal communication skills, and the ability to clearly present ideas to clients.
In addition to flexible scheduling and the ability to work from home on occasion, we offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance; profit sharing; three weeks of paid time off and eight paid holidays; twenty hours of professional development time; paid exam fees & professional memberships; and a pre-paid transit pass.
To be considered for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter along with examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.