Environmental Works Community Design Center is seeking a Project Architect/Project Manager with 8-12 years of experience to be a member of our team.
Environmental Works is a nonprofit Community Design Center that provides architectural services to low-income and nonprofit clients in the Puget Sound region. We design affordable housing, community facilities, youth centers, shelters, child care centers, community clinics, ADA improvements and similar projects in which social service and community design is a primary focus. We advocate for the improvement of the physical, economic and social environment by providing sustainable architectural and planning services to low-income community groups throughout the Pacific Northwest. Our office culture values office-wide collaboration and support; open communications and sharing of resources; and high quality design. Please see: www.eworks.org
Responsibilities include: Overseeing development of project design, construction documents production and construction administration; Communications with client and ensuring clients’ needs are met; Coordinating and overseeing the work of subconsultants; Project management including project budget and schedule oversight; Managing and guiding the work of project staff, such as interns; Code analyses.
Qualifications and skills required:
· Good people/team building skills
· Eight – twelve years of architecture experience.
· Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree
· Strong design skills
· Specifications writing skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail, especially envelope
· Construction administration skills
Software program knowledge/capacity required:
· Microsoft Office suite
· CAD drafting proficiency – Vector Works knowledge a plus, but not required
· SpecLink proficiency a plus, but not required
Desirable qualities include: strong interest in and commitment to the mission of Environmental Works; flexibility to work on a variety of projects as needed; a background in the construction industry, detail oriented, a desire to share learning experiences and expertise in a collaborative atmosphere. Experience with multi-family housing projects is a plus.
Environmental Works values a collaborative work environment and maintaining a work/life balance. We offer competitive salary and benefits (see benefits summary below). Consideration for employment will not be based on a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy, national origin, age, disability.
· Medical, Vision, Disability and life insurance
· PTO time – all time is lumped into one (including sick vacation and holiday) and can be used at employee’s discretion. 5 weeks (17.33 hours per month). Can carry over 80 hours at the end of the year
· 403b Retirement with 3% match after one year of employment
· Continuing Education support
· Professional memberships paid at 75%.
· Flextime available with approval
· Orca pass paid in full
· Currently working to become a JUST organization per the living future institute.
Send application to: email@example.com