San Francisco, CA
Description & Details
Juniper Architecture is a growing studio focusing on residential and commercial projects where design is a driving factor. We’re a small office located in a newly remodeled industrial space in San Francisco’s Outer Sunset district near Ocean Beach. We are currently looking to bring new team members on board to help us keep up with our growing stable of projects.
You will work closely with both firm principals gaining experience throughout the project delivery cycle. This position will provide good exposure for the right candidate to see projects through the full process of design and construction. You will have the opportunity to expand and apply your knowledge of the building code, permitting, detailing, finish selection, and construction administration.
We cultivate an informal working atmosphere, but we’re also very rigorous about the craft of our work products – whether that’s a design presentation, a set of permit drawings, or a file structure that helps us all work more efficiently. We believe that design is very much an integral part of the production process. As your production skills grow, so too will your input on design and project management.
We work in AutoCAD and SketchUp on a Mac platform, so a working knowledge of these tools is key.
Our ideal candidate has 2-3 years of post-degree work experience at a smaller design firm. That said, if you’re a recent grad or a more experienced designer who’s interested in working at Juniper, we’d definitely like to chat. If your interests and skill set are a good fit, we can find a way to structure the position around you.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited Architecture program, currently pursuing licensure
• Experience working in an architecture or interior architecture firm
• Experience with all phases of design from Schematic Design through Construction Administration is preferred. Experience working on previous architecture or interior design projects in a professional environment is required.
• A sharp sense of design & the ability to work in a team environment
• Working knowledge of the California Building Code is preferred
• Organizational and strong Project Management skills are essential to juggle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be self-motivated, reliable, and have a good sense of humor (or at least a high tolerance for bad jokes)
• Current legal US work authorization
How to Apply / Contact
Interested candidates should send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the email subject line, and include the following information:
- Cover letter
- Portfolio including professional work samples and academic projects, in pdf format (file size not to exceed 10 MB)