Palo Alto, CA
Field Architecture, Inc.
Field Architecture (FIELD) is an award-winning firm based in Palo Alto, with interesting clients and exciting projects in California, and abroad. We are looking for talented individuals to contribute to inspired project design and development. Our ideal candidates are both creative and technically minded, highly motivated, self-reliant, and interested in growing with our firm. Our work environment is casual and energized, with direct interface with firm principals and project teams, and exposure to all phases of design and construction.
We design high-end custom homes for private clients, creating an architecture that is congruous with the site, and fosters a connection between people and land. Whether through conversation, drawing or model, our designs are born from a dialogue that is infused with optimism and sensitivity. We are growing into non-residential work where our current projects include a new Synagogue Center in Palo Alto and a mixed use project on an centrally located site in Menlo Park. View some of our projects here: http://fieldarchitecture.com/work/
Due to our consistent growth, we seek to fill the following position with details listed below.
This is a salaried, full time position with benefits.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek a Junior Designer to work closely with project teams, on all aspects of design, design development construction documents, and presentations.
● Create and contribute to inspired project design and development
● Support project team in Drawing Set production and development and coordination of Revit model
● Support modeling and rendering production
● Research materials, and assist with development of models and mock-ups
● Assist in production of presentation materials
● Work with project team on successful project delivery
We realize that every interested candidate might not have all of the desired experience, but here is what we are looking for in terms of experience and skills… the more you have, the better!
● B.Arch or M.Arch from an accredited school of Architecture
● Up to 3 years of architectural practice experience
● Revit proficiency
● Rhino 3d/ 3ds Max/ vRay proficiency
● Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
● Strong collaboration and organizational skills are a must
● Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
● Self-motivated individual with the ability to multitask and work efficiently towards deadlines
● Ability to work in fast-paced, rigorous, and collaborative environment
● Ability to efficiently interface with project team and clients
● Shows initiative, pro-activity, and pride in their work
Must have design experience
Attention to detail: ask questions, take notes, stay ahead of deadlines.
Strong, current Revit experience. The office uses Revit for all projects.
MS Office Suite. Excel. AutoCAD. Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. (PC based office)
Ability to multi-task.
Positive, optimistic attitude to fit in with the team. We are deeply engaged in our work.
Collaborative; not ego driven. We maintain a flat organization where everyone shares responsibilities. We are transparent with issues and work through problems.
Flexible: you will be expected to offer and will be asked to help team members where needed.
Have an appreciation for mother earth, green building practices, sustainable structures, and related integrative design.
Interest in and experience with modern design is preferred.
Highly professional with discretion regarding confidential clients/projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or similar study. Master’s degree is a plus.
Architectural Licensure or licensure track
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
Compensation is commensurate with education, professional experience, and demonstrated skills.
FIELD offers a benefits package including:
Paid Health and Dental Insurance coverage
401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution.
PTO/personal time off.
Education and various license, fees and exam reimbursements.
Recognized firm, winner of multiple Progressive Architecture Awards among many.
Boutique firm; close principal engagement with employees; non-hierarchical office environment. Direct client contact.
Motivated and qualified employees who excel will have an opportunity to advance toward an associate track and leadership role.
Everyone in the office works on design. All activities in the office support design.
Ability to work on very interesting, unique projects and opportunity to visit project sites.
Bright office with natural light and positive atmosphere.
How to Apply / Contact
Please email your resume, statement of interest, and portfolio of work (5mb maximum in PDF format) to email@example.com.
Local candidates only.
Qualified resumes with cover letter will receive notification of receipt.