San Francisco, CA
Description & Details
Position Description: Gould Evans is seeking a full-time intermediate level designer to work as part of our collaborative design studios. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is seeking to gain intellectual insight to the design process as well as work in varied stages of design. Ideal candidate would have 3-5 years of experience, with a professional degree from an NAAB accredited program and strong rendering skills with proficiency in Revit and AutoCad and a portfolio with several fully realized projects.
At Gould Evans, we believe partnership is not about compromise. It is the expression of individual talents made manifest through a shared vision. We seek employees and clients who share our values of intellectual curiosity, collaboration and passion for meaningful design outcomes.
Our portfolio is intentionally diverse – in project type, scale and location. This diversity is a strength that encourages innovative, critical thinking and discourages a formulaic approach. Above all, we work to create solutions that transform their surroundings, engage their occupants, sustain their environment and support our clients’ missions.
Currently, we have more than 150 associates across our Phoenix, San Francisco, Kansas City, Lawrence and New Orleans studios.
Primary responsibilities of the position:
· Participating in planning, designing, illustrating, presenting, and providing technical documents for projects; collaborates with and acts as a liaison between all involved parties to understand and bring to life the vision of our client.
· Collaboration and assistance with all aspects of the design and documentation process to include preparation and presentation of construction drawings, checking and coordinating details and dimensions, developing and refining design concepts, renderings and work on projects in all design phases.
· Knowledge of construction documents and detailing highly preferred.
· Supporting marketing efforts and assume other duties as dictated by workload.
This is a full-time position which includes generous benefits such as vacation time, sick time, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as participation in a 401(k) and employee stock ownership plans.
We’re seeking candidates with:
· Licensed, preferred
· Professional degree in architecture from an NAAB accredited program
· Strong graphic, conceptual, and design skills. The Ability to create new ideas both independently and in collaboration.
· Experience in early design phases such as concept design and schematic design.
· Ability to communicate ideas in a variety of graphic media including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
· Strong rendering skills- knowledge of 3DS Max, Rhino, VRAY, and SketchUp, preferred.
· Ideal candidate will be committed to pursuing licensure in architecture.
· Proficiency with Revit 2016 and AutoCAD 2016, required.
How to Apply / Contact
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume, cover letter with salary requirements and an electronic portfolio (PDF format/10MB limit) to HR@gouldevans.com. Please, no calls about this position. EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabled