San Francisco, CA
Group 4 Architecture
Group 4 Architecture, Research + Planning, Inc. seeks a full-time project architect with 5 to 10 years of professional experience. Group 4 utilizes a unique team-oriented approach to architecture, interior design and planning projects that integrates architects, planners, users and clients into the design process; this approach produces a diverse portfolio of vital facilities that reflect the unique attributes of their communities. Our collaborative studio environment provides significant opportunities for professional advancement through our design-driven project delivery model. Our project architects are responsible for internal team management, consultant coordination, and client engagement. As such, this position requires a candidate who is self-motivated, highly organized, and energized by the opportunity to interact with a complex range of client and consultant team members.
An equal opportunity employer, Group 4 supports employees with professional development opportunities and an excellent benefits package. We offer a competitive compensation package including 401(k) contributions, health and dental coverage, paid vacation and sick leave, public transportation benefits, and ARE/LEED test reimbursement for eligible employees. Our office is easily accessible from Caltrain, BART, 101, and 280 in downtown South San Francisco. For more information on Group 4, please visit our website: http://www.g4arch.com
Requirements for this position include professional licensure in California and at least five years of experience on non-residential projects. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
· Ability to manage project schedules, budgets, and staff within a studio environment
· Ability to present design concepts directly to, and engage with, clients and constituent groups
· Strong design sensibility and commitment to sustainable design; LEED accreditation is a plus
· Ability to generate, develop and critically evaluate architectural concepts throughout all phases of the design process
· Thorough understanding of design documentation, architectural detailing, and building systems/assemblies
· Familiarity with the public bid process and its impact on drawings and specifications
· Thorough understanding of building and accessibility codes
· Proficiency with BIM/3D modeling software including Revit and SketchUp, the Adobe Creative Suite, and hand sketching
· Strong written and oral communication skills
Please provide a cover letter indicating your specific interest in this position, a current resume, and a portfolio with a maximum of five projects; please indicate your role and responsibilities for each project included in your portfolio.
Please email your materials as a single PDF file (maximum 10MB) with the subject line “Project Architect Position” to Daniel LaRossa firstname.lastname@example.org Please no hard copies, weblinks, drop-ins, phone calls, or recruiter inquiries.