Studio Skaggs Kennedy
S_SK is currently hiring Project Designer/Job Captain with a minimum 3-5 years’ experience to join our studio. studio skaggs kennedy is a Berkeley, California based design practice for architecture and urbanism. We are a design oriented architecture firm with a variety of projects, including single-family & multi-family residential, commercial, and restaurant.
The Project Designer/Job Captain, with direction from one of the Studio Principals, will work on all phases of projects, from conceptual design to construction administration. Ideal candidates for this position would have formal architectural training, exceptional design sense, strong graphic skills, sound technical skills, great communication skills and a deep understanding of all project phases. This position has a lot of potential for growth and career development. We are flexible on whether this is a full time or part-time position.
· M. Arch degree preferred, B. Arch recipients with production experience encouraged to apply
· Competence in 3D modeling and rendering, preferable in SketchUp and/or Rhino
· Competent in physical model making
· Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Office required, Revit a plus
· Experience in preparing construction drawings.
· Ability to prioritize workload, often working on multiple projects at a time.
· Ability to work and complete tasks with minimal supervision, while also being able to judge when to seek guidance
· Authorization to work in the U.S.
· A good sense of humor and perspective is always welcome.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
How to Apply / Contact
Please email cover letter, resume, and samples of work (PDF format) to: email@example.com