San Jose, CA
Description & Details
M O D U L U S is an award-winning Architectural | Commercial | Interiors firm in downtown San Jose, CA looking for creative thinkers and clever designers. We are a small progressive firm fueled by ideas and a work environment where everyone is empowered to contribute and care towards creating beautiful spaces and more thoughtful buildings for people to cherish and enjoy. Here, we believe in re-shaping a future in projects ranging from market-ready corporate buildings, corporate interiors, commercial tenant improvements and selective residential projects.
Interested candidates need to be collaborative, hard-working, good-humored, and detailed oriented. Excellent communication skills are required. Familiarity with corporate office interiors and exterior construction is helpful.
Our bright and open office space is located in downtown San Jose on The Alameda, a short walk away from Caltrain including walking distance to coffee shops, restaurants, Whole Foods, etc. We offer full-time employees vacation/sick time benefits and paid holidays, full medical, dental and vision coverage and a competitive base pay including bonus opportunities.
We have immediate openings for aa Job Captain (3-10 years)
• Production of architectural drawings and documentation compliant with building codes, project requirements, and permits
• Assist with construction administration, including answering RFIs, reviewing submittals, and solving construction-related issues in the office and in the field
• Participate in all phases of architectural practice
• Assist with design conception, development, production of drawings, documentation and other deliverables
• Bachelor OR Masters of Architecture degree (from accredited institution)
• Communicates ideas eloquently
• 3-10 years max of solid AutoCAD experience
• 3-10 years max of experience with commercial + corporate office interiors
• 3-10 years max of RECENT Construction Document experience IN corporate/commercial interiors/exteriors
• Must know California Building Codes, Title 24 requirements and implications
• Proficient in Artlantis or similar 3D rendering programs
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Proficient in Architectural and Interior Design Standards
• Actively seeking licensure in the state of California
• Strong graphic, oral, and written communication skills
• Ability to read plans, elevations and sections and draft from hand sketches and/or redlines
• High level of organization and attention to detail
• Currently residing and able to legally work in the U.S.
• Must have and believe in a clean and professional presentation
• Must have reliable car and current valid California driver’s license
• Full-Time position (contract to permanent hire)
How to Apply / Contact
Email your resume INCLUDING your best, relevant work samples (and college digital portfolio if graduated within the last 5 years) in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org