Shah Kawasaki Architects
Description & Details
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, community-based architectural practice that uses imagination and creativity on challenging projects?
Do you want to work in a firm small enough to participate in all aspects of design and management, large enough to take on significant civic and institutional work, and committed to the professional growth of each employee? Are you seeking to grow professionally while being recognized for your contributions?
Embedded in Oakland since 1999, SKA has achieved healthy and steady growth as a result of the talent, commitment, intelligence, integrity, and solid professional skills that the firm brings to everything they do. Today, with a staff of 15 people, SKA is one of the Bay Area’s leading design firms with an excellent reputation for the projects that are integral to our communities — from visitor centers, community centers, and fire stations to higher education, and other civic buildings.
· Solid design-oriented perspective, skills and goals.
· Professional Degree in Architecture
· Desire to learn and develop into a well-rounded licensed Architect
· Proficient in digital technology (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch up, 3D visualization) and management tools (MS Office, Google Apps)
· Cooperative and collaborative attitude.
· Desire to see a project through from initial conception through construction administration.
· Seeking regular full time employment and ongoing growth within the firm. This position is not suitable for an internship or someone with a short-term visa.
· Proficient in Revit
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with sustainable design (and LEED-accredited projects)
Our employees thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoy working together. We are located in Oakland’s old-town adjacent to the 12th Street BART station. We offer health insurance, 401(K), profit sharing, and paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
How to Apply / Contact
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio in PDF format by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For immediate consideration please reference Junior Architect/Designer position in the e-mail subject line.