San Francisco, CA
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Description & Details
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a Project Coordinator for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career. The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Project Manager, Project Leaders and team to help facilitate meeting coordination, administrative client communications and other critical tasks in support of some of the most exciting domestic projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to SOM's vision by enabling clear communication among team members, consultants and clients. Promote professional relationships internally and externally.
• Serve as a point of contact for clients, external consultants and vendors.
• Prepare and review project memos, correspondence, contracts and schedules for professional services; communicate daily with team.
• Schedule client meetings. Record minutes of these meetings and document action items.
• Maintain and update project data (in various mediums including hard copy project files, network drives etc.) in a timely manner to insure accurate reporting of earnings and accurate billings.
• Manage and coordinate multiple schedules, both individual and project specific.
Desired skills and expertise:
• 3+ years professional work experience in an office environment working with and as part of a team, preferably in a professional services organization.
• A highly professional, creative and committed individual with proven technical and organizational skills.
• A proven work ethic and the ability to anticipate needs, service clients, initiate decisions and coordinate the activities of others.
• Prior financial, accounting or bookkeeping experience.
• Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel.
• Strong proofreading skills.
• Exceptional written and communication skills
• Bachelors degree desirable.
• Prior experience working with an architecture, engineering or construction firm highly desirable.
• Newforma, InDesign, Autocad, MS Project, Photoshop and Illustrator skills desirable.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: http://www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: http://www.som.com/
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.
How to Apply / Contact
Please apply at http://www.som.com/about/careers under the SF-Project Coordinator requisition.