San Francisco, CA
Kerman Morris Architects LLP
KERMAN MORRIS ARCHITECTS LLP (www.kermanmorris.com) is a small, established design-focused architectural firm in San Francisco with over two decades experience producing Mixed-Use Infill and Custom Residential, Cultural, Historic Preservation and Community projects.
With a variety of project types, we challenge our staff to work collaboratively and intelligently to make a meaningful impact on the fabric of our city. To our clients, we offer personalized attention, creative design solutions, seamless technical execution, and expertise in navigating the approvals process.
Current projects include infill and mid-rise multi-family residential projects, affordable housing, custom single-family and adaptive reuse of historic structures.
We are looking for talented, motivated and personable Junior- and Intermediate-level architects/designers with 2-5 years’ experience to join our design studio and contribute to our expanding practice.
We offer long term growth opportunity. The position is full-time, with a competitive salary, and vacation, medical and 401k benefits. We are committed to encouraging professional development and support employee participation in professional organizations, continuing education and licensure. We firmly believe in fostering a healthy work/life balance.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for and experience designing and detailing housing, a commitment to urban design, and be working towards licensure. We work fast, in a friendly collaborative environment, and we run many projects simultaneously. You will not be bored. Design excellence is paramount, so too are functionality and constructability.
- 2 - 5 years professional experience, including exposure to multi-family housing and single-family residence design
- BS/BA Degree in Architecture minimum (master’s degree preferred)
- Excellent design, production and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, follow through and be thorough
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and collaborate with team
- Fluency in Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite; Rhino and V-Ray, a plus
- Self-motivated, reliable and personable, with a positive attitude
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow into a well-rounded and capable architect
- Contribute to design of projects of different scales with project Principals and senior staff to advance projects from conceptual design through technical execution
- Produce Permit and Construction Documents, including Planning Code and Building Code research
- Project Management of smaller projects, including consultant coordination, scheduling, permit submittals and revisions, and construction administration
- Assist Project Architects/Managers on larger project teams
How to Apply
If you are interested in being a part of a small, dynamic and collaborative studio, partaking in all aspects of the practice of architecture, and making an impact on your built environment, then we look forward to reviewing your qualifications.
Prospective employees, please email a cover letter, resume and portfolio/work samples in PDF format (max 5MB) with subject line “Junior to Intermediate Architect/Designer” to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.