San Francisco, CA
Kerman Morris Architects LLP
KERMAN MORRIS ARCHITECTS LLP (www.kermanmorris.com) is a small, established design-focused architectural firm in San Francisco with over two decades experience producing Mixed-Use Infill and Custom Residential, Cultural, Historic Preservation and Community projects.
With a variety of project types, we challenge our staff to work collaboratively and intelligently to make a meaningful impact on the fabric of our city. To our clients, we offer personalized attention, creative design solutions, seamless technical execution, and expertise in navigating the approvals process. Current projects include infill and mid-rise multi-family residential projects, affordable housing, custom single-family and adaptive reuse of historic structures.
Jobs We Are Hiring For
We are looking for talented, motivated and personable Intermediate- level architects/designers with 3-6 years’ experience to join our design studio and contribute to our expanding practice. A sample of projects we are looking to staff include:
- Hunter’s Point Block 52 & 54 – Affordable Housing working as the Associate Architect with Mithun Solomon Architects for the developer McCormack Baron Salazar. The project is for very low-income family rental housing. The design is for two buildings with a total of 100 units. (SD)
- Habitat For Humanity, 36 Amber Drive – 8 unit, affordable townhome project in the Diamond Heights neighborhood in San Francisco for low income family ownership. (SD)
- 535 Green St. – Rehabilitation and additions to the historic “Buon Gusto” meat factoryin the North Beach neighborhood of San Francisco. Buon Gusto has a beautiful Art Deco multi-pane glass façade and sits on a large lot now mostly occupied by on grade parking. It is one of a few vacant lots left in this amazing vibrant neighborhood. It will be 24 market rate apartments, plus commercial space on the ground floor that encompasses preservation of the historic two story facade.
- 807 Franklin / 635 Fulton – We just received unanimous Planning Commission approval with great praise for the design of this complicated project. It involves moving an historic single family, grand Victorian from it’s large lot on 807 Franklin St. seven blocks away to 635 Fulton St. next to a Victorian Mortuary, renovating the two buildings into 17 units of housing and designing a new 8 story, 48 unit, luxury modern apartment building on the original site at 807 Franklin St. (DD)
We offer long term growth opportunity. The position is full-time, with a competitive salary, and vacation, medical and 401k benefits. We are committed to encouraging professional development and support employee participation in professional organizations, continuing education and licensure. We firmly believe in fostering a healthy work/life balance.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for and experience designing and detailing housing, a commitment to urban design, and be working towards licensure. We work fast, in a friendly collaborative environment, and we run many projects simultaneously. You will not be bored. Design excellence is paramount, so too are functionality and constructability.
- 3 - 6 years professional experience, including exposure to multi-family and/or single-family residence design
- BS/BA Degree in Architecture minimum (master’s degree preferred)
- Excellent design sense, production and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, follow through and be thorough
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and collaborate with team
- Fluency in Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite; Rhino and V-Ray, a plus
- Self-motivated, reliable and personable, with a positive attitude
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn and grow into a well-rounded, capable architect
- Contribute to design of projects of different scales with project Principals and senior staff to advance projects from conceptual design through technical execution
- Produce Permit and Construction Documents, including Planning Code and Building Code research
- Project Management of smaller projects, including consultant coordination, scheduling, permit submittals and revisions, construction documents and construction administration
- Assist Project Architects/Managers on larger project teams
How to Apply / Contact
How to Apply
If you are interested in being a part of a small, dynamic and collaborative studio, partaking in all aspects of the practice of architecture, and making an impact on your built environment, then we look forward to reviewing your qualifications.
Prospective employees, please email a cover letter, resume and portfolio/work samples in PDF format (max 5MB) with subject line “Intermediate Architect/Designer” to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.