Larkspur, Marin County
Polsky Perlstein Architects
WHO WE ARE:
Polsky Perlstein Architects, one of Marin County's leading residential architectural firms, is a dynamic, fun group of people with a passionate, collaborative approach to designing great projects.
We believe that our best work results from a synergistic blend of creative and motivated design professionals, with skillful and attentive building tradespeople, and intelligent clients that care about achieving great design.
Our office is situated in old-town Larkspur, in the heart of Marin County, located 20 minutes from San Francisco. We’re a collaborative, studio- oriented environment that allows for participation and exposure to all aspects of the design and construction process. Visit our website at www.polskyarchitects.com and our Houzz page (search Polsky Perlstein under “find a pro”).
Our office culture is casual. We variously celebrate birthday lunches together at local restaurants, enjoy a degree of flex time, occasionally take off up one of the local Mt. Tam trails for a mid-day hike or run (closest trail head is a three minute walk). A few of our associates even reverse commute from S.F. and find the trip to be very reasonable. Generally this is an office of happy, genuine people.
We’re interviewing for a full-time Project Architect with at least 5 years office experience and demonstrated background in custom residential design using ArchiCAD (currently v20).
A qualified candidate must have:
• Accredited degree in architecture
• 5+ years post-degree experience, including a minimum of 3 years in the design and detailing of custom/ high end single family residential design
• Strong creative, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Experience and familiarity with state and local building codes
• Ability to take directions from the principals, to work and think independently, and to complete work in a timely, organized manner
• Demonstrated experience with BIM/ virtual modeling using ArchiCAD
• Proficiency in the Mac OS
• Proficiency with In Design, Photoshop, Sketch-Up or other rendering programs
• Knowledge and implementation of sustainable design practices; LEED accreditation, CGBP and/ or green design experience
For full time employees, we offer a competitive salary and a strong benefits package, including medical insurance, 401(k) with employer contribution and profit sharing, and substantial potential for professional growth. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email a cover letter and resume in PDF format with a few examples of your custom residential design work including an indication of your role on the projects that you submit, using the phrase “Employment- Project Architect” in the subject line. No calls or drop-ins please.
Richard Perlstein A.I.A.
Please respond to this post only if you have the stated experience and qualifications, and also currently reside in the San Francisco Bay Area. Due to the volume of anticipated responses, we will only reply to queries from local residents with the minimum stated experience level.