Mill Valley, CA
Thompson Studio Architects
Description & Details
Thompson Studio Architects is a small southern Marin based Architecture firm designing high-end residential projects. We are very detail oriented and work closely with our clients. We have a fun and collaborative work environment and need to expand our team. We are looking for a local junior to intermediate team member. The office is located in Mill Valley, just off of 101, 10 minutes from SF, easy commute. We are looking for a local junior to intermediate team member.
As we are a small company, our team members have the opportunity to work on virtually all aspects of project work.
• Responsible for various portions of project development including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documents. Responsible for coordination with design team.
• Organizes and manage own work efforts.
• Produces field surveys and as-built documents.
• Coordinates work of consultants with architectural documents.
• Assists in supervising project document control tasks and maintains quality control of such tasks.
• Checks and coordinates details and dimensions.
• Manage the production, organization, coordination, thoroughness, and accuracy of all documents in the drawing set.
• Communicate with clients, consultants, contractors and agency officials.
• Research and specify materials, products and systems.
• Attend jobsite meetings, issue supplemental instructions and RFI responses, process submittals and shop drawing review during Construction Administration.
Compensation and Benefits
• We offer a competitive compensation, paid leave, and health insurance.
• Accredited degree in architecture.
• Ideal candidate will have significant construction and/or fabrication experience.
• Prefer at least three years of related professional experience, including design and detailing experience on high-end custom residential projects. However, relevant construction experience would be considered instead.
• Technical knowledge of Type V construction.
• Basic CAD.
• Demonstrated 3D modeling a plus.
• Good verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
How to Apply / Contact
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects to architect@ thompsonstudio.com.