Walker Warner Architects
Description & Details
Walker Warner Architects is an award-winning San Francisco firm with a staff of 40+ that has completed many residential, winery and hospitality projects in California, Hawaii and other Western states. Our work is tailored to the uniqueness and diversity of each client and place, maintaining a consistent focus on design excellence, thorough project management and superior service. We believe in collaboration, continuous learning and sharing, and actively support AXP and ARE candidates on the path to licensure. Our work environment is friendly and spirited, and we welcome participation in activities such as Rebuilding Together San Francisco and our co-ed summer softball team.
For more information about our projects and firm, please visit our website: www.walkerwarner.com
• Accredited degree in architecture
• Five to ten years of related professional experience, preferably including design and detailing experience on high-end custom residential projects
• Technical knowledge of Type V construction
• Demonstrated 3D modeling/BIM proficiency (ArchiCAD experience is a plus)
• Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
• Support the Project Manager in development of the design and detailing
• Manage the production, organization, coordination, thoroughness, and accuracy of the virtual building model and all documents in the drawing set
• Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, contractors and agency officials
• Assist the Project Manager to track budget and schedule, anticipate required staff resources and organize workflow
• Work with the project team to produce presentation materials for client and agency presentations
• Research and specify materials, products and systems
• Attend jobsite meetings, issue supplemental instructions and RFI responses, process submittals and shop drawing review during Construction Administration
• Coach and mentor junior staff, share experiences and lessons learned to increase the firm’s common knowledge
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive compensation package including profit sharing, 401(k), health, dental, vision and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, commuter check and flexible spending accounts, and ARE test reimbursement.
How to Apply / Contact
Email cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted to:
Walker Warner Architects
We will acknowledge receipt of your information, but only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls. Reposting this job description elsewhere is not permitted.