San Francisco, CA
Heintges & Associates
Heintges & Associates is a boutique firm of architects and engineers committed to the design and realization of building enclosures as-envisioned by the world’s most renowned architects. Each member of our team is personally mentored in all aspects of developing these ambitious designs - from concept design through on-site implementation, Heintges professionals are trained to be experts through immersion in the art, science, and engineering of this most visible part of any project. We maintain a broad portfolio of diverse projects worldwide including art installations, cultural centers, mixed-use developments, and “supertall” towers.
Developing expertise in our office is a shared and open experience, encouraging both individual and firm-wide development. The products of this initiative take many forms and range in scale from discussing in-house research and development of innovative facade systems and materials to brainstorming during regular office happy hours. Regardless of position, we are proud that every individual contributes to our supportive office culture with curiosity, openness, and rigor.
We are looking for a candidate whose professional experience in architecture or engineering has sparked a desire to pursue expertise in facades.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a professional firm.
• Keen interest in facades. Familiarity with building envelope materials and systems.
• Excellent communication, drawing, writing, listening/interpreting, and interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented, patient, and flexible.
• Interest in translating spatial concepts into engineered design drawings.
• Values personal and professional development.
• Confident communicating through hand sketches and computer drafting.
• Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit 3-D.
• Willing to work in the field, observing installation on construction sites.
• Interest in occasional domestic and/or international travel.
• Professional degree in architecture or engineering.
• Experience with NYC DOB Special Inspections (helpful but not essential).
• Interested candidates only (no recruiters).
• In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
• Participation in Design Meetings
• Preliminary Facade System Engineering
• Material and Component Research
• Detail Development
• Performance Analysis / Modeling
• Shop Drawing Review
• Site / Factory Inspections
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits including: paid time off, company-paid medical and dental insurance, profit sharing, and professional licensing/membership assistance.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.