Santa Rosa, CA
A Project Captain position is a good fit for designers, architects or interior designers who enjoy development of project documents and coordination of consultants. Quality project execution relies on an attitude of design and craftsmanship at every phase and in every detail. If you have a passion for managing the small stuff while engaged in the big picture we’d love to hear from you.
WHO WE ARE - TLCD Architecture is a design firm with a fascination for the creative possibilities of architecture. While we strive for innovative design, our 50+ years of experience as a leading regional architecture firm is well grounded in the pragmatics of building. In this way our design teams find a balance that our clients appreciate.
HOW WE WORK - We value the premise that each project is unique and driven by client goals, design opportunities and unique challenges. Design teams work in a lively and interactive environment using progressive software programs and current technology. We also rely on pencil sketching, fat pen diagrams and models, which bring a hands-on quality to our process.
WHERE WE HANG OUR HAT - Our location 55 miles north of San Francisco affords us the opportunities of a regional community practice with the resources of the greater Bay Area close at hand. Sonoma County is a great place to live and work, and is our launching pad to projects and clients throughout Northern California.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS- TLCD places emphasis on professional growth and supports learning through continuing education programs. Health, dental, vision and disability benefits are offered for full-time employees as well as a 401k plan, paid holidays and PTO. Informal learning opportunities are combined with social time at our weekly Wine Wednesday while seasonal events provide time for folks to get to know each other better.
About the Project Captain position
A Project Captain is an individual on a license track or someone with demonstrated professional skills gained through formal training or job related experience. This position works closely with architects, designers and principals as well as consultants, contractors and clients to develop and deliver quality architectural design solutions and documents. On smaller projects, Project Captains may assume a lead role, which provides opportunity for growth and advancement.
Specific aspects of the position include:
· Supporting role to the project architect or project manager
· Ability to translate program data indo design solutions
· Ability to research and build on an in-depth understanding of architectural building components
· Coordination of consultant and engineering documentation as part of the project including oversight of schedules
· Coordination with public agencies and jurisdictions
· Oversight of project production team members
· Participation in Construction Administration activities
· Development of professional growth toward licensure or certification
· Participation in our in-house professional development program
· Professional degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design is required
· Revit experience is required
How to Apply / Contact
Send resume and work samples to email@example.com and reference Project Captain in the subject line.