San Francisco, CA
Zack | deVito Architecture
Zack/de Vito Architecture + Construction is a multi-disciplinary, design oriented firm working on architecture, interiors, DesignBuild and development projects. We have a staff of 18-20 people split between the office and the field, including architects, interior designer, project manager/estimators, supervisors and carpenters. Our work is detail and construction oriented, modern in attitude and execution. We are actively involved in construction providing DesignBuild services for select client projects and our own residential development, working hand-in-hand with the architecture office. Current projects include custom homes, multi-family housing and restaurant projects.
7-10+ years of experience working on residential and light commercial projects, highly developed design, detailing and project management skills, be self-motivated and able to work independently from design through construction. You will be responsible for managing multiple projects independently and managing junior staff, under the direction of the principal. You must be experienced and competent in all aspects of architecture. Our office and project style promote high degrees of independence for the right person.
We are particularly interested in a person with highly refined technical skills- Detailing, codes, construction documents and document production. Ideally you have a passion for design and making and can demonstrate an understanding of the connection between design and drawing, building and craft.
• Degree in Architecture, Masters or 5 year BArch preferred, but not required
• Experience managing clients, consultants, entitlements, etc.
• Great written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Ideally you have much of your experience in San Francisco or Bay Area offices working on projects in San Francisco and are familiar with the SF Permit process.
• We are a Mac office, so familiarity with Mac applications is ideal, but we will train you as needed. We currently use Vectorworks 2013, 2016 & 2017
• Ideally you will have 3D skills- Sketch Up or Vectorworks 3D, etc.
• Experience with custom residential and small (4-10 units), Type V, multi-family residential
• While not required, as a DesignBuild company we value some hands on experience making and building, and the insights this experience brings to the design office.
We are looking for a good fit more than an immediate hire, and are flexible on the amount of experience you have, as long as you can demonstrate excellence
Our office is located in South Park, in a great SOMA warehouse, and we have an energetic and lighthearted atmosphere. We offer a competitive salary, vacations, paid holidays, medical and dental coverage and a 401(k) with employee match.
Please e-mail your resume, work samples and references, include “Project Architect” in the subject line t: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pdf and word files only. Please no Drop-ins or Phone calls, and note that we cannot respond to every applicant.