San Francisco, CA
Martinkovic Milford Architects
· Make meaningful contributions to project design and development
· High visibility to the internal management of projects
· Salary Range is $65,000-$73,000
· Benefits include paid vacation and sick time, seven paid holidays, health insurance contribution, 401K plan with firm contribution, professional development stipend and discretionary bonuses
· This position is full-time in our San Francisco financial district office, 1 block from BART
Martinkovic Milford Architects is a forward-looking and ambitious firm seeking a talented and productive Job Captain, with 3-5 years of experience, to assist with the design execution of a variety of projects.
Role Description & Details
As a Job Captain, you will be asked to contribute meaningfully to the design and development of projects; you will independently produce construction documents in a timely and efficient manner, with support from both senior and junior staff members; you will interact with team members and clients to insure smooth work flow and successful project delivery.
This opportunity includes learning by working alongside our talented team of architects, as well as enrollment in our Mentorship Program. You can work on projects ranging from highly conceptual experience-driven designs to high-end residences and commercial work. You can take part in internal design competitions with co-workers who are professional, friendly and driven.
You will be working on projects where the successful application of our design and management talents will enrich the lives of all manner of people: vulnerable patient populations, health-conscious foodies, home owners looking to improve their lifestyle, and entrepreneurs seeking to create meaningful customer experiences.
Qualities of the ideal candidate
· You thrive with autonomy and self-directed work. In busy times you can triage work effectively and set expectations appropriately. In less busy times you can create ways to be productive on behalf of the team.
- You posess excellent, inspired design talent and are comfortable contributing to the design on projects.
· You are pleasant to work with. You add to each interaction.
· You have a natural desire to do things right. You don’t need or want external motivators.
· You strive to communicate clearly and effectively with others.
· You volunteer yourself when you see others need assistance.
· You make and keep commitments.
· You support others, not by waiting to be directed but through a deep understanding of how the firm works and what it takes for everything to work well together. Your daily focus is to make those around you even more successful.
Requirements for application
· A degree from an NAAB accredited school of architecture
· Revit proficiency is mandatory. Working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus.
Martinkovic Milford Architects is a 20-person firm with offices in San Francisco and New York. We apply our talent, ambition and knack for innovation to help our clients achieve their goals, and in so doing we know we are fulfilling our purpose.
We offer employees comprehensive experience to multiple project, client and construction types, as well as all phases of design and construction. We do this to afford broad exposure to the many facets of the profession, and to build architects with well-rounded skills. When employees matriculate and naturally gravitate to one project type or another, we support a concentration in the desired area.
Ultimately, it we are growing our firm and to fulfilling our purpose of creating meaningful architecture that positively impacts the inhabitants’ lives. We know that we can accomplish things as a team that we can’t as individuals.
How to Apply / Contact
To be considered, please email your cover letter, resume, work samples (both professional and, if available, academic) and desired salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.