San Francisco, CA
Martinkovic Milford Architects
Description & Details
The Job Captain role will be one of meaningful contributions to the design and development of projects; production of digital models, drawings and construction documents; personal and professional growth and ultimately mastery of the fundamental aspects of architecture. This opportunity includes learning by working alongside our talented team of architects, as well as enrollment in our Mentorship Program. The Mentorship Program is focused on personal and professional growth, will clearly outline skills to be practiced and mastered and will afford you regular meetings with your mentor.
You will be working on projects where the successful application of our design and management talents will enrich the lives of all manner of people: vulnerable patient populations, health-conscious foodies, home owners looking to improve their lifestyle, and entrepreneurs seeking to create meaningful customer experiences.
Qualities of the ideal candidate
· You thrive with autonomy and self-directed work. In busy times you can triage work effectively and set expectations appropriately. In less busy times you can create ways to be productive on behalf of the team.
· You are pleasant to work with. You add to each interaction.
· You have a natural desire to do things right. You don’t need or want external motivators.
· You strive to communicate clearly and effectively with others.
· You volunteer yourself when you see others need assistance.
· You make and keep commitments.
· You support others, not by waiting to be directed but through a deep understanding of how the firm works and what it takes for everything to work well together. Your daily focus is to make those around you even more successful.
· Benefits include paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, health insurance contribution, additional contribution of 3% of salary to 401K, discretionary bonuses
· This position is full-time in our San Francisco Financial District office (2 blocks from BART), Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Requirements for application
· A degree from an NAAB accredited school of architecture
· Growing understanding of how
· We are a Revit-based firm. Strong working knowledge of Revit preferred but not mandatory, we are willing to train. AutoCAD proficiency.
Martinkovic Milford Architects is a 20-person firm with offices in San Francisco and New York. We apply our talent, ambition and knack for innovation to help our clients achieve their goals, and in so doing we know we are fulfilling our purpose.
We offer employees comprehensive experience to multiple project, client and construction types, as well as all phases of design and construction. We do this to afford broad exposure to the many facets of the profession, and to build architects with well-rounded skills. When employees matriculate and naturally gravitate to one project type or another, we support a concentration in the desired area.
Ultimately, it we are growing our firm and to fulfilling our purpose of creating meaningful architecture that positively impacts the inhabitants’ lives. We know that we can accomplish things as a team that we can’t as individuals.
How to Apply / Contact
To be considered, please email your cover letter, resume, work samples (both professional and, if available, academic) and desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line