San Francisco, CA
Richard Beard Architects
Led by Richard Beard, FAIA, Richard Beard Architects is a growing group of design professionals with recognized expertise, specializing in distinctive custom homes, luxury multi-family communities, and specialty commercial and hospitality environments.
Our studio’s work is significantly informed by how architecture can integrate with interior and landscape design to achieve a unified design that exceeds the sum of its parts. Every project is a unique and personal, interactive process; enjoyable, creative, artful, engaging, and always inspiring.
We are seeking a professional with experience in Japanese projects and professional practices. There will be a fair amount of travel to job sites in Japan. Please be energetic, positive and a team player willing to accept a wide range of roles and responsibilities within the studio.
Qualifications & requirements include:
· An accredited professional architecture degree: B.Arch or M.Arch.
· Enrolment with NCARB, participation in IDP and active pursuit of licensure.
· 5 + years of experience with an architectural firm, preferably including high-end residential projects.
· Experience with client, contractor and consultant interactions.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-Up, MS Office and Adobe CS.
· Experience with Japanese projects and practices.
· Japanese language skills a big plus.
· A great design sensibility and a strong portfolio.
· Strong organization and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage one’s own time.
· Optional: hand sketching a plus.
Along with the opportunity to travel often to Japan, we offer very competitive pay and a full benefits package, including 401(k), with excellent potential for professional growth.
How to Apply
Email your resume, Cover Letter and Portfolio to email@example.com. No telephone calls or recruiters, please.