San Francisco, CA
Huntsman Architectural Group
Huntsman Architectural Group is an award winning architecture and interiors firm dedicated to elevating the human experience by designing places that connect, sustain, and inspire.
We create environments that authentically reflect the aspirations and values of our clients. Placing our clients’ business, brand, cultural, and environmental drivers ahead of a signature design style or formula results in inspiring spaces that create a sense of place, connect people, and have meaning.
Our services include strategic workplace consulting, interior design, and architecture across a wide array of project types with a focus on creativity, sustainability, and wellness. We maintain long-term collaborative partnerships with building tenants, owners, and operators in the commercial, institutional, educational, residential, and other sectors.
The firm was established in 1981 and is an ESOP employee-owned company. Our offices in San Francisco, New York, and Chicago are home to over 100 architects, interior designers, project managers, and support staff who are passionate about their work – explorers and innovators who never lose sight of our client’s vision. We maintain a fast-paced and fun work environment where team-based success is highly valued. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and incentives and consider mentoring and continuous learning integral to the long-term professional development of our team members. Although the firm has been recognized with numerous design accolades and publications, maintaining meaningful connections with our clients and our local communities while contributing to the design profession is our priority.
How to Apply / ContactAbout this Role
Acting as the direct contact for our clients and leading the efforts of our internal project teams, Huntsman’s Project Managers have an important responsibility to ensure a positive and productive experience for all participants on the firm’s projects. Only when the needs of the client, our partners, and each project team member are met, can we achieve team-based success. Project Managers handle a range of assignments in terms of scope and size, and daily responsibilities can vary a great deal. This includes keeping team efforts organized, ensuring quality in project delivery, managing budgets, schedules and fees, employing and evolving the firm’s processes and procedures, but also training and mentoring staff, maintaining a positive work flow, and energetic team atmosphere. But it’s also about creativity. Project Managers are champions for great design and representing our client’s vision on every project.
- Manage projects of varying sizes from initiation through construction completion
- Participate during all phases of project delivery
- Lead all aspects of project management activities, including developing project schedule, budget, fee, work plan, and assigning and monitoring of teams' tasks
- Daily interface with client, contractor, engineers, subconsultants, and/or regulatory agencies
- Prepare fee proposals, project schedules, and subconsultant agreements
- Review client contracts, agreements, and terms and conditions
- Review internal project accounting documents and partner with accounting department in draft project billing
- Participate in marketing and business development including proposals, interviews, and PR efforts
- Mentor junior staff and identify development opportunities for all team members
- Participate in the coordination and preparation of project documentation and provide quality assurance/quality control oversight
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ownership and accountability for project and firm-wide success
- Is an advocate for the firm, providing excellent client service
- Excels in a fast-paced, team environment
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of interior design / architectural project delivery, including programming, space planning, and FF&E
- Assure project profitability and scheduling through diligent planning of team activities and efforts
- Desire and initiative to mentor junior staff
- In-depth understanding of corporate/commercial real estate objectives a plus
- Knowledge of state and local building and fire codes related to interior environments, including accessibility
- Sustainable design experience, with a preference for hands-on LEED and/or WELL project participation and accreditation
- Computer savvy with strong skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project)
- General competency in AutoCAD, Revit, and SketchUp
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Interior Design or Architecture
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience managing interior design and/or architectural projects
- Interior Design Certification and/or Architectural Licensure and LEED and/or WELL Accreditation strongly preferred
If you meet the qualifications, experience, and requirements for this position, please e-mail your cover letter, resume, portfolio and/or a link to your work in a single PDF (maximum 10 MB) to: email@example.com. In your e-mail subject line, please indicate Position - Office Location.
We will review your information and contact you should your qualifications align with our needs.
Candidates must have legal working status the the U.S. as Huntsman will not be sponsoring work visas at this time.