San Francisco, CA
Garcia Tamjidi Architecture Design
Garcia Tamjidi is seeking creative candidates with experience in commercial interiors and high-end residential work. Our San Francisco-based office works at multiple scales; from intimate residence to large-scale offices. We have developed an iterative and holistic process of architecture and design. Our work is inspired by deep architectural experience and a universal curiosity.
Clients include Apple, Airbnb, Pixar, Elastic, Index Ventures, Techshed, Method, and a select group of high-profile venture capitalists.
The intermediate designer/job captain is responsible for space planning and production work; managing production of a complete set of construction documents; sketching and developing both standard and non-standard details; a fundamental knowledge of building codes as well as material finishes and the strong ability to perform code-related research; a deep understanding of bidding and permit processes. The designer will work closely with principals Michael Garcia and Farid Tamjidi on conceptualizing, representing, drawing, and finalizing a multitude of design projects across a large range of type and scale. The ideal candidate will be comfortable switching gears and speeds and working closely with teammates.
This position requires excellent drawing and graphics skills, as well as oral and written communication skills. The candidate must be highly organized and able to coordinate project information, documents, and graphics. Must be an excellent problem solver and demonstrate a proven record of professionalism, accuracy, and thoroughness in all work.
• Master’s Degree from an accredited Architecture or Interior Design program.
• minimum 5 years full-time professional experience.
• proficiency in AutoCAD 2018, including AIA layering standards
• proficiency in SketchUp, Rhino, V-Ray
• proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator
• proficiency in Schedule, Excel
• ability to organize and produce working construction documents
• ability to manage project-related information
• fundamental understanding of construction administration
• experience in product and materials research
• experience with furniture sourcing and selection
• proficiency with selection and specification of furniture systems and products
Please send the following materials only, as discrete PDF’s only, to email@example.com,
• one-page cover-letter
• one-page resume
• one to two pages of work samples