San Francisco, CA
Studio Sarah Willmer Architecture
Studio Sarah Willmer Architecture is an award-winning nationally and internationally published architecture firm based in San Francisco. The primary premise of the studio is a strong belief that collaboration with the client creates a more dynamic and unique design solution for each project. An emphasis of simplicity, of spaciousness and light, of synthesis and function are realized in each project. Three principals guide the design process with each client: the building’s structure as a primary expression of space, the control and infusion of natural light, and an environmentally sensitive and elegant material palette.
Our office is seeking a Junior Designer with one to three years of work experience with exposure to custom residential design to help with many residential projects; including ground-up projects in both Sonoma County and San Francisco. We are a small, collaborative office that offers candidates an opportunity to contribute to the design process at every phase, starting from conception through construction. Through office mentorship at each phase, this is also a great opportunity for a candidate’s potential to grow along with the firm.
The main responsibilities for the position include participation with the project team in the development of residential projects from the schematic design phase through construction administration, including but not limited to communication with the clients, research of local codes, and production of construction documents.
· Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited Architecture program
· 1-3 years previous experience working in an architecture firm
· Strong design skills and ability to work in a team environment
· Experience with the design process and construction documentation
· Proficiency with computer drafting, Vectorworks preferred but not required
· Presentation skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino and Sketch-Up
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Well-rounded, enthusiastic, and creative problem-solver with capability to work independently on multiple projects
· Enjoys and wants to contribute to a studio environment of exchanging ideas and design
· Current legal US work authorization
How to Apply / Contact
Please email your application including the following:
Cover letter stating years of experience and why you are a good fit.
Resume and work samples (PDF).
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.
Subject heading: Junior Designer 1-3 years