San Francisco, CA
Ian Birchall + Associates
IB+A is a diverse, 12-person award-winning design firm located in San Francisco. Committed to the growth of our team, we provide rewarding opportunities for staff that encompass the many roles of the profession. As a studio-based environment, collaboration and dedication are key components to our success. Our commitment to our clients is illustrated in the contextually responsive architecture and engaging spaces born of curiosity, innovation, and passion.
IB+A is actively engaged in San Francisco and across the Bay Area with numerous opportunities, including multifamily infill housing, affordable housing, new construction single family homes, mixed use projects, hotel, and brewery and restaurant projects.
We currently have a position open for a Designer with 1-5 years of progressive and demonstrable experience. Candidates ideally have experience in multifamily housing design, mixed use mid-rise buildings and luxury custom residential. Additional desirable experience would include urban planning, commercial core and shell and tenant improvements.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated architects wishing to advance their careers with significant design projects within the greater San Francisco Bay Area. Our office is conveniently located near public transportation and near the SOMA and Mission neighborhoods.
The firm offers competitive salaries together with benefits including:
· Paid Vacation and Holidays
· Medical, Dental, and Chiropractic Insurance
· 401k including employer contributions
· Performance-based bonuses
· Profit sharing
· Continuing education opportunities, ARE support and reimbursements
· Excellent design skills including conceptual design, design development and presentations.
· Excellent project management skills, including meeting timeline and quality expectations.
· Excellent skills in analytics, organization, record keeping and writing.
· Strong public and personal communications skills.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit, CreativeSuite, Sketchup, and MS Office.
· Proficiency or Experience with ArchiCAD is desireable. Training is available.
· Demonstrable experience in construction drawings and detailing.
· Hand drawing skills highly desirable.
· A disposition and manner that contributes positively to the firm’s work environment.
· Professional Architecture Degree (Bachelor or Master of Architecture from accredited school in the U.S.A.)
· Active progress towards your California Architecture License.
· General knowledge of the California Building Codes and ADA requirements.
· General knowledge of sustainable design and building practices.
How to Apply / Contact
Please send your CV and examples of your work (8 pages or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send PDF format files only. No phone calls, please.