New York, NY
City Department of Parks and Recreation
The Capital Division at the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) manages the entire capital process from start to finish, including scope meetings, design, procurement of contractors and construction completion. We are proud to be the country’s largest employer of landscape architects, with over 100 currently on staff working on in-house and consultant-managed designs. We also have a large pool of architects and engineers, in addition to resident engineers who oversee the daily activities of contractors, budget and procurement staff and many other talented employees.
DPR is currently implementing an aggressive capital campaign to build new parks, refurbish existing public spaces and ensure that every New Yorker lives within a 10-minute walk of a park or playground. DPR is committed to improving the lives of future generations by expanding and redefining New York City’s treasured green spaces.
• Under general supervision, develop designs and bid documents for new buildings and adaptive re-use of existing structures.
• Produce designs that result in elegant, efficiently constructed and durable buildings.
• Manage all phases of project development from scope definition through construction administration.
• Ensure assigned projects meet approved budgets and schedules.
• Produce high quality construction documents for bidding and construction.
• Develop construction estimates and project schedules for supervisor’s approval.
• When directed, manage consulting architects and engineers.
• Ensure all projects meet or exceed ADA requirements, NYC Building Code requirements and other applicable regulations.
• Develop “green” or sustainable design elements to implement into project work.
A valid New York State Registration as an Architect. Current New York State Registration as an Architect must be maintained for the duration of the employment.
In addition to above qualification requirement, to be eligible for placement in Assignment Level II, individuals must have at least one year within the last three years of experience as a major contributor or a project leader on a complex project requiring additional and specific expertise in the disciplines needed to design or construct the project.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
1. Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD.
2. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
3. Knowledge of and experience with NYC construction regulations.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
5. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint and 3D modeling programs.
6. Driver license valid in New York State.
Salary: $80,000 - $90,000 plus excellent benefits
Apply by 11/17/17
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 310333
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks