New York, NY
Rodney Leon Architects
Rodney Leon is a design oriented architecture practitioner specializing in historic public cultural spaces. RLA has an immediate availability for a short term position for the conceptual design of a prominent public space near the Downtown Brooklyn Cultural District. The project has the possibility to develop into a full time position for the selected candidate.
The work we develop seeks to create beautiful iconic spaces which are historically and culturally relevant, conceptually rigorous, symbolic, interactive and transformational. We are searching for a dynamic, passionate, talented designer to establish the initial conceptual phase of the project within an intensive 10-12 week schedule.
The project is part of a large scale development and will require regular meetings, coordination and communication with other firms consulting on behalf of the client. The designer will be responsible to develop plans, renderings and presentation documents for the client, New York City Planning Department, prominent local stakeholders and cultural institutions.
· A passion for the design of urban public spaces
· Strong written, verbal and visual communications skills
· Ability to efficiently incorporate research and critical analysis in the design process
· Highly rigorous work habits and organizational skills
· Capacity and desire to be self-motivated and work independently
· Confidence, integrity, an ability to remain focused
· A commitment to design excellence
· Proficiency in digital and physical model building and rendering
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Creation, development, rendering and modeling of design concepts
· Preparation of final rendering and presentation documents through schematic design
· Coordination with client consultants and participation in client meetings
· Survey and documentation of existing field conditions
· Research and analysis of typologies, construction materials and finishes
Interested candidates available to start immediately, should send letter of interest, resume and sample portfolio not exceeding 10 MB to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Design Architect Position” in the subject heading. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted.