New York, NY
We are currently seeking a capable Project Designer / Project Architect to join our interiors group. The selected candidate will work as a key part of a design team on all phases of project development (from planning and concept through design, FF+E selection, and construction documents) for high-profile residential, cultural, education, and healthcare interiors projects.
Dattner Architects is an award-winning, mid-sized architecture firm based in New York City. We have a passion for the city, and for designing socially impactful spaces. Our firm is organized around three studios, each of which focuses on a specific typology: housing; education, cultural and institutional; infrastructure and transportation.
We maintain a vibrant working environment – one that nurtures learning and professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration, as well as socialization. We regularly host continuing education seminars, “happy hour” presentations, and employee art exhibits. Our firm fosters diversity, community engagement, and live-work balance.
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture, Interior Architecture, or Interior Design.
- 5-8 years’ relevant professional experience working on high profile interior architecture projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate a small project (or defined portion of a larger project) from concept through construction documentation.
- Experience with materials selection, specification, and detailing.
- Strong aesthetic sense and design sensibility.
- Familiarity with architectural and interior details, finish materials, and furnishings.
- Experience with furniture specification and working with furniture dealers. Contract furniture experience is preferred.
- Capable of working independently, as well as with architecture teams.
- Outstanding graphic, 3D presentation, production, and technical skills.
- Self-starter who is focused, articulate, well organized, and detail-oriented.
- Proficiency with Revit; familiarity with other 3D software and Adobe Design Suite.
- Familiarity with NYC Building code as applied to interior architecture.
- NYS Architectural Registration or NCIDQ preferred.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, complete our job application: http://www.dattner.com/job-app...
Dattner Architects is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website to learn more about our employment policy – http://www.dattner.com/careers/diversity-equal-opportunity/