New York, NY
Amy Lau Design
As a full time designer, you will be part of a team creating interior design concepts, presentations for clients, and technical documentation for manufacturers and artisans.
This includes initial site surveys, generating scopes of work, drafting floor plans, RCPs and elevations from site measures, creating furniture plan options, selecting fabrics and finishes, outlining budgets, as well as production and installation management.
You will implement all orders, process these orders, and track them using a detailed FFE spread sheet.
Responsibilities also include managing and following up on progress of work throughout all phases of design, fabrication, and construction, working closely with our lead designer on each step of every project.
You will be on site as necessary to meet with contractors during construction, ensuring all work is being executed per our drawings and specifications.
Additionally, you will be responsible for scheduling all trades and vendors for installations and coordinating all aspects of the install.
- Degree in Interior Design
- Expertise in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Familiarity with 3D Software, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with excellent follow through
- Experience working with contractors on job sites, with the ability to think out of the box, efficiently solving challenges
- Must be proficient at sourcing items online and at showrooms
- Ability to support multiple projects working in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, along with good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of creating and maintaining budgets
Please send a cover letter, resume and a brief sample of work in PDF format, along with salary requirements to email@example.com.