New York, NY
COOKFOX Architects is seeking a practiced Junior Architect with excellent design skills and 2-3 years professional experience. The position will require a working knowledge of Revit and excellent graphic presentation skills. The best candidate will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for environmental stewardship and will be able to capture the vision of our firm.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- 2-3 years professional experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and structures
- Experience in all design phases and documentation
- Demonstrates professionalism in dealing with a variety of clients, consultants and vendors
- Skills should include use of Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and 3D modelling software (SketchUp, Rhino or 3D Max).
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong graphic and verbal communication skills
COOKFOX Architects is a New York City studio dedicated to a vision of integrated, environmentally responsive design. Guided by a passion for design excellence and a belief in the collaborative process, COOKFOX seeks out select projects that fundamentally re-think how buildings interact with people and the natural environment. Starting with intensive research, we seek to understand each project in its natural, cultural, and contemporary context, so that our work may express the ideals and identity of a given client, time, and place. Inspired by concepts such as biophilia and biomimicry, we are pursuing architecture that restores and regenerates the urban environment.
Please submit resume and portfolio along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Architect” in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. Responses without cover letter will be discarded without review. No phone calls, please.