New York, NY
Heitler Houstoun Architects.
Heitler Houstoun Architects is an award winning architecture firm comprised of designers that translate imagination and knowledge into human experience. As a full service design firm offering expertise in architecture, interior design, space and master planning, as well as prototype design, the level of engagement and collaboration is a constantly evolving process.
Our purpose is to provide clients with spaces that exceed their expectations, which requires strong communication both internally and externally, creative problem-solving and a commitment to quality and design excellence.
A diverse portfolio of Residential, Retail and Corporate Interiors projects offer a wide range of experience and knowledge, which is enhanced by an open and collaborative office environment.
Description of Skills
HHA is seeking candidates who value our core beliefs and strive to challenge themselves in a professional setting. With 1-4 years of professional experience. Candidates should demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Computer Skills: AutoCAD, Google Sketch-up, V-Ray, Adobe Suite (emphasis on Photoshop, InDesign), Microsoft Suite (emphasis on Word, Excel)
- Revit experience is a plus, but not required.
- Documentation: Drafting of Construction Documents (from concept and referenced standards), Presentation Production (ability to translate ideas/discussions/storyboards into formal presentations), Rendering/Material Mapping.
- Communication: Well-spoken both verbally and in written form, with the ability to effectively communicate with internal teams, external consultants and clients.
- Knowledge Base: Experience with Regulatory Approvals (DOB, Landmarks, Building Management, etc.), Construction Documents, Construction Administration (RFI’s, submittals, site meetings) and the ability to work independently. Self-motivated and well organized individuals are a must.
Description of Experience
- B. Arch or M. Arch
- 1-4 years of professional experience (post-grad)
- Local to New York City area or able to move in a relatively short amount of time (no international applications please)
- Curious, eager to learn and committed to high quality work
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and at least five (5) work samples (10 MB maximum) of the candidate's professional technical and design experience (with a strong emphasis on construction document organization and preparation) in a bound PDF (no multiple files, please). All work samples should be produced by the candidate.
HHA offers full-time employees an industry leading benefits package.
Please email email@example.com and indicate "Junior Architect" (only) in the Subject heading.