New York, NY
RAND Engineering & Architecture
Founded in 1987, RAND Engineering & Architecture, DPC is a 90-person Manhattan-based firm that designs, specifies, and administers restoration, upgrade, and adaptive re-use programs on behalf of owners, managers, and co-op and condo boards.
We are currently seeking an experienced Architect to manage large, multifaceted projects, (exterior/interior, M/E/P, structural), for residential and commercial buildings.
· Review plans
· Prepare written reports and studies
· Coordinate tasks and schedules among teams
· Interact with clients
· Develop design and technical solutions through all phases of a project, from feasibility to construction documentation
· Prepare renderings and supporting graphics for project presentations
· Conscientious, and detail oriented
· Clear communicator, verbal and graphic, and attentive
· Able to multi-task
· 5 years’ experience in residential and commercial projects, particularly multi-family buildings
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe and Office Suite. Revit is a plus
· Ability to produce and manage a project from programming through design and construction administration, in a team environment
· Experience in the preparation of architectural construction drawings and related project documents
· Experience with construction administration of projects, including shop drawings review, site visits and reports
· Strong written and oral communication skills
Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
RAND Offers a comprehensive benefits package that features health and dental coverage, a company sponsored vision plan, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, long-term disability, life-insurance, educational opportunities, transit and parking exemptions, employee gym on site, yoga, kickboxing, personal trainer, employee referral program, career development, casual Fridays, and holiday parties. In 7 different years, (including 2017), RAND has been voted one of Crain’s Top 100 Places to Work in NYC.
Applicants should send cover letter, resume, technical writing sample, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.