New York, NY
New World Design Builders
Our New York office is looking for a self-motivated Interior or Architectural designer to join our team. New World is a design-build firm that specializes mainly in hospitality and restaurant projects locally in the NYC metro area and nationwide.
As a designer at New World you will have exposure to a variety of projects and will be involved in all parts of the process from beginning to end. We admire a candidate ready to learn and that can thrive in a fast pace environment. This position will include but not limited to specifying F,F & E, millwork detailing, site visits with clients and construction documentation.
As a design build firm, we construct custom millwork, light fixtures, and furniture at our warehouse located in Clifton, NJ. Occasional travel to Clifton would be required for this position with travel costs / train tickets reimbursed.
- AutoCAD drafting and design experience.
- Revit experience is a plus
- Coordinate transformation of rough designs into working documents using AutoCAD / Revit
- Perform site surveys with management and team.
- Create designs based on specifications and detailing.
- Assist in preparation of project planning
- Regularly follow-up on deliverables and project plan.
- Review drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks against deadlines.
- Ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly with a willingness to learn and accept new challenges.
- Self-starter, motivated, takes initiative, has strong work ethic.
- Have an eye for detail, strong technical skills, and problem solving.
- Enthusiastic attitude with excellent communication and organizational skills is a MUST.
- Construction documentation experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Space Planning and knowledge of 3D rendering
- 2-5 years post graduate experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Interior Design preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience. No Phone Calls please.
If interested, please email resume and portfolio to Jessica Rizos at firstname.lastname@example.org