New York, NY
New World Design Builders
New World is a design-build firm providing concept driven, seamlessly integrated design and construction. We focus mostly on hospitality projects / restaurant design as well as some high end residential.
We are a small office and are looking for a highly organized and detail oriented candidate. The internship will be an enriching educational experience that will develop academic and professional skills.
It will be a well-rounded experience as you would be working on multiple projects at various stages of development. It is a full-time summer position, and duration will be for a minimum of three months, with hourly compensation.
While you would be working in our Manhattan office, you may travel to our New Jersey office once or twice throughout the summer, as we build all of our custom furniture, millwork, light fixtures, and metalworks at our fabrication studio located in New Jersey.
You will assist and collaborate with other designers to support the ongoing projects in the office. This will include but is not limited to the following:
· Design Conceptualization & Development
· Interior Space Planning
· 3D Visualization and Graphic Communication
· Assisting to prepare client presentations
· Going onsite and taking measurements
· Attending and taking notes at meetings with consultants and clients
· Specifying and researching furniture, materials / finishes, lighting, and equipment
· Assisting with construction documents
· Interior Design or Architecture student
· Creative and Critical thinking skills
· Any woodshop or furniture design experience is a plus
· Have a good sense of composition and the ability to graphically communicate design ideas
· Experience in Interior Space Planning, and proficiency in developing schematic plans into 3D communications
· Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Rhino, VRay, and Excel
· An interest in hospitality / restaurant design is a plus
· Available to work full-time for a minimum of three months
· Excellent English language communication skills
· Legally eligible to work in the United States, without need for employee sponsorship
In order to be considered, please send resume and portfolio samples in a single file PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summer Intern” in the subject line.
Please show all relevant work including academic design projects as well any professional experience you may have had. Please include cover letter in the body of the email. No phone calls, please.