New York, NY
HLW is an organization of architects, interior designers, workplace strategists and thought leaders working with vibrant global organizations. Our offices in New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles, London and Shanghai are strategically located to serve our clients globally. Collaborating with our clients we are building a future that will respond to how buildings - inside and out - perform to support the dynamic ways technology and the global theatre are changing. Our designs tell our clients’ stories. Be a part of a global, collaborative culture that fosters creativity and innovation. For more about our culture and thought leadership, visit our website www.hlw.com and our blog HLWSTORYBOARD.COM
Our New York office (Flatiron District) is recruiting for a Senior Design Strategist who will be responsible for leading client-facing projects and project teams on discovery activities, strategy development, workplace guidelines, and change management projects. A majority of this work is embedded within the programming and general pre-design scope of interior and architectural projects. Other work involves a variety of internal firm-wide projects and initiatives that advance HLW’s position as a thought leader and as a data-driven design practice that stays ahead of marketplace trends that add client value. A Senior Design Strategist is a trusted advisor to clients and the people of HLW. Individual will report to the Director of Strategy and Discovery and indirectly to Studio Leads, Partners and Principals (who oversee the larger scopes of work in which projects are embedded).
- Act as the key point of contact on behalf of HLW within client-facing project work
- Oversee junior team members within project teams while liaising with other members of HLW design studios and business groups in the course of project delivery
- Oversee the development of project deliverables and their key messages
- Serve as a member of the HLW business development team by participating in proposal writing, project pitches, meet-and-greets, and industry events
- Support HLW marketing efforts by developing or supporting the development of trend reports, white papers, case studies, blog posts or other related materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in architecture, social sciences, research methodology,or a related discipline.
- 5-10 years of professional experience in architecture, design, workplace strategy, research or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated design excellence and consistent high performance.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior staff.
- Excellent communication, graphic, and verbal presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead client relationships.
- Versatility with computer graphics software including but not limited to AutoCAD / Revit, 3-D Modeling Software (i.e. Studio Max, Rhino, Sketch Up), Adobe CS Programs, MS Office Suite.
- Desire for growth and diversity in design process.
- Knowledge of current best practices in design and technologies.
- Strong marketing and business development skills.
- Special or unique skills that contribute to the knowledge diversity of HLW and the Strategy & Discovery team
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurances, vacation, paid time off, flexible spending, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, travel insurances, reimbursement for professional licensing/certification exam fees, continuing education programs, 401(k) and commuter benefits.
To apply for this position please submit your resume to - Senior Design Strategist
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or disability status.