New York, NY
Atelier New York
Who we are:
We are a 30-person architectural design firm with a pet-friendly, hip workshop vibe producing a wide range of project types for private, commercial and institutional clients.
What we need:
An enthusiastic design professional with 2 years of experience seeking a role with potential to grow within our firm. Candidates are expected to be self-initiative when completing tasks and meeting deadlines, demonstrate teamwork and communication skills to work successfully with managers and supervise staff, developing problem-solving and creative abilities. Candidates are expected to be familiar with a full project lifecycle from schematic design to development to construction documents. Candidates with experience working on residential projects are encouraged to apply.
- Draft and develop design proposals
- Assist Project Managers with daily tasks relating to ongoing projects
- Prepare packages for Department of Buildings and Landmark Preservation Commission
- Research basic building codes and zoning regulations
- Collaborate with project team, clients and other consultants
- Maintain organization of ongoing projects
- BARCH or Master Degree in Architecture
- 2 years minimum work experience (preferably in NYC)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) preferred
- Basic Knowledge of building materials, components, and systems
- Basic understanding of NYC Building Code and Zoning Regulations
- NYC DOB Filing Representative ID and basic expediting experience a plus
While performing the job duties, the Architectural Designer is regularly required to speak clearly and hear conversations. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; visit construction sites, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this job.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Typical work hours will be 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, including one hour lunch break.
Benefit package will be discussed at the interview.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S is required.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume and portfolio.