New York, NY
Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in conceptual design, design presentation, and construction documentation. We are seeking a talented individual with the ability to work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a project team.
This individual should have a technology driven background and experience managing BIM (Building Information Modelling) projects.
• Lead the team as a BIM coordinator in a large complex model
• Lead and organize production of drawing sets in Revit for all phases of documentation
• Demonstrate practical knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction
techniques and building codes.
• Translate complex designs into clear, concise details and construction documents.
• Collaborate across disciplines to ensure a well-coordinated BIM and design solution
• Assist in the review of the progress of the design work of consultant architects,
engineers and other architectural personnel to insure the drawings and specifications
are properly coordinated.
• Prepare architectural data and reports on various new, alteration, repair and
maintenance projects, including capital improvement program projects.
• Assist in the coordination of design schedules and specifications.
• Check and review drawings and specifications prepared by consultants, including
architects, engineers, lighting designers, and others, including structural design
calculations, for conformance with prescribed standards.
• Perform field inspections of new construction, reconstruction, alteration, maintenance,
and repair projects; make analyses of problems involved including alternative solutions;
determine and recommend optimum solutions.
Skills + Qualification
• Substantial Revit modeling, organization, and documentation experience
• Dynamo or scripting experience is a plus
• Proficient in Rhino, Rendering using Mental Ray or Vray
• Proficient in Adobe Suite - primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• Proficient Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Completion of five-year architectural undergraduate professional degree or an architectural master’s degree.
• 3+ years of related experience preferred; 2 years minimum related experience required
Please email your PDF application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “YOUR NAME – Associate, BIM” as the subject line.