New York, NY
Henning Larsen is looking for Intermediate Architects to work on projects in North America.
Working directly with project teams in the New York office, your focus will be to coordinate project designs, develop creative-design concepts for projects, and prepare presentation and design drawings. We have full-time positions based in New York City, to start in August or September 2018, and anticipate additional positions during the course of the year.
Areas of Responsibility
• Works independently on architectural design projects and often coordinates project design efforts.
• Develops planning and creative-design concepts for projects.
• Prepares presentation and design drawings and details.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, engaging, diligent, team-spirited, and comfortable interacting with clients, consultants, and internal project members. You bring professionalism and attention to detail to a position that requires leadership and self-reliance in prioritization of tasks to meet deadlines. You independently take initiative and make prompt, clear decisions even though it may involve tough choices. You initiate and generate activity with commitment and engagement.
• You have five to ten years of experience in developing details and providing planning and design support in the preparation of design development.
• You have experience with medium- to large-scale projects, ie. (bet. 100,000 SF to 1,000,000 SF projects.
• You have experience with built projects in higher education, office and mixed-use, and/or cultural projects.
• You are fluent in REVIT as well as Rhino and proficient with other drawing programs and the Adobe Suite.
• Licensure is preferred but not required.
• Experience in New York, Massachusetts, and California a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in architecture from an accredited program.
• A passion and commitment to practice sustainability is required. A LEED Green Associate / AP and/or Well Accreditation is therefore a plus.
• English fluency is required.
• Must be eligible to work in the US permanently without sponsorship.
Henning Larsen offers a salary commensurate with experience, and benefits, including 401k, health care insurance, paid time off including holidays, and more.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your cover letter, CV, and examples of your work as PDF (no more than 10 MB), using “NYC Intermediate Architect” as e-mail subject. In your cover letter, please note available start date. Applicants should email materials to email@example.com.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. We will contact you should initial Skype and/or in-person interviews be requested.