New York, NY
Building Violation Services
BVS is seeking a CAD drafter and Project Manager to join our team. As a CAD Drafter and Project Manager you will work on projects in all five boroughs of New York City to expand your knowledge of NYC building codes and regulations, NYC city agencies and expediting processes.
• Survey existing and as-built conditions on sites located throughout the NYC area
• Create Architectural Drawings and Construction Documents (Alteration Type 1 and Type 2)
• Zoning Analysis and Diagrams
• Drawing existing and proposed sections and elevations
• Update drawing sets based on NYC Plan Examiner Objections
• Prepare DOB filing set packages and coordinate with Expeditor to file with Department of Buildings.
• Follow up with pertinent parties to ensure timely submission and fulfillment of DOB requirements.
Associate's degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field
At least 3+ years of experience using AutoCAD
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental personnel, management, contractors, consultants and the general public
Highly attentive to details, accuracy and visual aesthetic
Degree or Certificate in Architecture, Drafting or Surveying
Knowledge of NYC Zoning and Code Regulations
Ability to work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Project management experience
Knowledge of Sketch Up and Revit
A fun, energetic approach to work and business interactions
Interested in applying? Please submit your resume, cover letter and relevant work samples to Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "CAD Drafter Application."
All applicants must be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or otherwise legally authorized to work in the U.S.