Los Angeles, CA
Cliff Garten Studio
Internationally recognized artist’s studio located in Venice, CA seeks designer to provide design support for public art projects incorporating engineering, infrastructure, architecture, urban design and landscape. Must possess excellent rendering and modeling skills. Cutting-edge work with 3D digital design, modeling and transferring unconventional forms into digital fabrication (laser, water jet, CNC, 3D printing) and conventional fabrication and construction techniques.
Must have Masters of Architecture and 3-5 years working experience. Experience in landscape architecture a plus. Looking for a creative, multi-faceted, committed applicant interested in compelling and challenging work with public art, landscape architecture, and infrastructure.
Position responsibilities may include:
- Participate in concept design, design development and design drawing process.
- Produce fabrication and construction documents of completed designs.
- Supervise specific and specialized construction methods with fabricators and contractors using geometric data from computer and physical models.
- Must be comfortable coordinating with subcontractors and clients for pricing, project status, and fabrication details.
- Excellent three-dimensional modeling skills using Rhino 3D and Grasshopper.
- Fluent in 3d and 2d digital programs and processes (must be proficient in Rhino, Grasshopper, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite).
- Must be capable of producing high quality architectural and landscape presentation renderings.
- Experience in the creation of digital files and models used to fabricate physical objects through digital processing.
- Communicate clearly and trouble shoot issues with fabricators, architects, clients and contractors.
- Diverse understanding of basic engineering, structural concepts and materials.
- Demonstrated speed and efficiency with producing and managing digital construction documents and innovative and reliable construction details.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills for complex visual and sculptural design problems.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work independently and juggle a wide variety of projects simultaneously.
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication abilities.
- Holds all legal permits and visas required to work in USA.
Pay competitive and commensurate with experience and responsibility.
Email cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.