Los Angeles, CA
With a focus on innovation, environmentally sensitive design, proactive project management and sound technical skills, Price Architects, Inc. delivers unique design solutions that are responsive to the goals and objectives of our clients.
Our shared understanding of the importance of our client’s goals and objectives informs our definition of the purpose of architecture. We believe strongly that architecture evolves from the programmatic and financial objectives of our clients along with the opportunities and constraints of the project site.
In our practice, this evolution occurs within the framework of a rigorous management process and an understanding born from experience of how buildings are constructed.
PAI is a business-centered practice, with client service being the foremost priority. Our team of creative partners have a passion for excellence, and excels at leading the collaborative process that is the heart of successful project design and delivery. PAI is “virtually” one step ahead of the leading architecture firms in the U.S. in its utilization of state of the art technology to create a flexible, wherever and whenever, results oriented work environment.
Salary: DOE Job Description: The ideal Job Captain candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in architecture producing well-coordinated Construction Documents. The ability to track and implement the repercussions of changes throughout a set of drawings is required as well as understanding and experience navigating building codes and accessibility requirements. You must exhibit strong organizational and communication skills and be accustomed to working in a team environment.
The Job Captain will support the Project Architect and team in the timely and thorough completion of assignments, resolve design and technical issues to maintain progress and quality control; and communicate clearly with the project team and consultants. Job
- Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
- Assist in planning, making adaptations and modifications to complete Construction Documents.
- Responsible for communication verbally or in writing with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to facilitate incorporation of all information into project requirements.
- Produce construction detail documentation that conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Manage junior level staff through to completion of work assignments.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Team.
- Conduct material research and meet vendors as necessary to understand materials/products. Qualifications:
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- Minimum of 5+ years of architectural experience.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of employment in an architecture firm working specifically on Construction Documents.
- Strong working knowledge of building construction, materials and systems.
- Strong detailing experience.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Revit software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Contact: Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio in PDF format no larger than 5MB to: firstname.lastname@example.org Only submissions in PDF format will be considered.