Los Angeles, CA
BAM Architecture Studio
BAM Architecture Studio is a design oriented architecture firm with offices in Downtown Los Angeles and in SoHo New York City.
We do impressive work for great clients at well-known and well-respected companies and institutions. We bring inventive design solutions to every project, providing Architecture, Interior Design and Strategic Planning services for our Workplace, Media+Entertainment, Healthcare and Science+Technology clients.
We pride ourselves on providing the best work environment and best benefits possible. We do this to attract the best people. We have a dynamic, creative culture that provides the tools to help individuals get their work done efficiently while emphasizing a team approach so the entire firm is successful.
We add to our team carefully and thoughtfully, by hiring only smart, engaged individuals. We are currently looking to expand our team in Los Angeles with the right candidate.
Currently, we are seeking to hire a full-time, permanent Staff Architectural Designer in the Los Angeles office with solid design and communication skills.
- Work together with architectural design teams on projects
- Collaborate on projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, construction drawings and construction administration
- Develop design concepts and generate construction documents
- Work with interior designers in selection of furniture systems and specifications
- Support project team coordination for plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
- Work with consultants to meet overall project objectives
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Work within given fees and contracts for projects.
- Manage time to stay on schedule and within budgets.
- Understand design vision. Work to implement design based upon contractual agreement with client.
- Establish and maintain ongoing, productive client and team relationships.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs
- Participate in business development and marketing efforts
- 2 to 5 years of experience as an architectural designer, with a focus on commercial, technology or healthcare interiors
- Working knowledge of the design process, including compiling a set of construction drawings
- Outstanding conceptual 3 dimensional thinking and graphic presentation skills
- Computer skills must include Revit. Knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and SketchUp important.
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Architecture degree from an NAAB accredited school
The successful candidate must be able to work well as part of a design team, make immediate contributions and take initiative to complete work.
The full-time, permanent position offers competitive salary, potential profit bonus, company paid medical and dental coverage, 401K retirement plan, short term and long term disability insurance, and a great office location in Downtown Los Angeles.
We offer 3 weeks of paid time off for entry level staff plus paid holidays.
We encourage career growth by paying towards AIA membership, Professional Licensure and LEED certification.
Only U.S. citizens or holders of a Permanent Resident Alien card (Green Card) will be considered due to projects funded by U.S. government contracts. Send your resume, salary request and electronic portfolio to architect.LA@bam-studio.com. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Please keep submissions to less than 10 MB.