Los Angeles, CA
About Johnson Fain: Johnson Fain is a fully integrated design studio providing architecture, urban design and planning, and interior design services in a diverse range of project types. Scott Johnson, FAIA, Design Partner, and William Fain, FAIA, Managing Partner and Director of Urban Design & Planning, lead the firm whose focus is broad and intellectually based, placing an emphasis on research and interdisciplinary practice.
The firm has designed signature projects, including mixed-use residential communities, city plans, office and residential towers, cultural centers, and educational institutions, in California, Arizona, Oklahoma, Texas, Japan, and China.
Johnson Fain is seeking a self-motivated, highly-skilled Junior Designer to work collaboratively with our design and technical team on a variety of project types. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic team-player with a background in Architecture. In addition, the candidate must possess a strong work ethic and strong client interface, leadership and communication skills.
• Perform design assignments including conceptual design, schematic design, design development and construction documentation.
• Produce presentation drawings that effectively and creatively communicate design ideas.
• Create 3D visualization including still images, animation, and virtual reality.
• Build physical models using the latest technology in our model shop.
• Work collaboratively to coordinate design and documents with other disciplines.
• One to 5 years of work experience in an architectural office.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
• Advanced knowledge of REVIT.
• Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up, and 3D Visualization software such as Rhino, Lumion, and 3DS Max.
• Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Johnson Fain offers an intellectual and creative work environment with state of the art computer software integration, a large model shop with both laser and 3D print modeling, and a spacious open studio. The firm offers a competitive benefits package, flexible summer hours, guest speaker and social events, free yoga, free parking, professional development support and more. Competitive salaries offered commensurate with level of experience.
Interested and qualified candidates:
Please email your resume, work samples and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Junior Designer”. No phone calls, please.