Los Angeles, CA
Ralph Gentile Architects
We are a small, award-winning Architecture/Interior Design firm seeking a creative and motivated individual with design, construction document, and construction management experience (4+ years minimum).
We are a full-service firm with 25 years of passionate focus on hospitality design. Please visit our website prior to applying: www.rgastudio.com As we are a small studio, you will be directly involved with every aspect of our projects. Such responsibilities will include working directly with the design lead and principal; client presentations; consultant coordination; construction documents; agency approval; and construction observation/project administration. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who has the ability to multi-task, enjoys a friendly and social workplace and who likes that every work day comes with a new and unique challenge.
• Skilled in verbal and written client communication, design, consultant coordination, technical detailing, contract documentation, job site problem-solving, construction administration.
• Solid understanding of building and zoning codes and local municipal agency approval processes.
• Ability to prioritize and manage tasks against deadlines and client expectations. • Proficiency in use of CAD software and hand sketching. [We are a Mac-based office and Vectorworks experience is a plus.] • Proficiency in Rhino, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, MS Office.
Requirements for the Position:
• Bachelor or Masters of Architecture degree [or foreign equivalent]. • In process for licensing for either California or NCARB.
• 3-5 years of full time experience in an architectural firm.
• MUST have reliable transportation daily and live within reasonable [<45 min] commute of the studio. • Local candidates only please.
Must be fully eligible to work in the United States. [H1-B visa sponsorship on a case-by-case basis].
• Ability to start on or before November 13. Competitive Salary commensurate with abilities and relevant experience. Full time employees enjoy generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, and Simple IRA as well as earned paid vacation time and holidays.
Please email a PDF [5 MB maximum] of your resume, a letter of interest and 3-5 examples of your professional work to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Interviews will be scheduled ASAP.