For 50 years, Huckabee has designed learning environments in Texas. We are one of the fastest growing architectural / engineering firms in the nation and one of the top firms dedicated to education. We are consistently noted in industry publications for growth, workplace environment and innovation, recently being named Zweig Group’s #1 Best Firms to Work For. Education is our business. What we do matters. Which is why we hire the best. We’re looking for hard-working, eager and thoughtful candidates who are ready to work in a team environment and create an impact of excellence.
Currently we are seeking a talented individual for the role of Project Architect to join our team. The position will offer the candidate opportunities to grow within the firm and thrive in an innovative, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. The position requires a minimum 8 years of experience working in the commercial architectural field, including experience taking a project full cycle. Educational facility experience is a plus. At Huckabee, the Project Architect will have responsibility in team management, design, thorough construction documentation and specifications, bidding administration, and construction administration for a wide range of project sizes.
• Manage a staff of Architects, Architectural Associates, and Interior Design Associates to develop design solutions considering the direction of Associate Principals, Design Directors, and the client.
• Experience should demonstrate strong knowledge of all phases of project delivery along with the ability to manage a consultant group to ensure systems coordination.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment on a wide range of project sizes.
• Must have excellent organization, communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills to oversee and mentor team members.
• Must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment with a focus on quality of design and documentation.
• Must be self-motivated and proficient in Revit and Navisworks to accomplish goals and meet expectations.