On Point Custom Homes
We are looking for an individual with a Bachelor’s of Architecture who is interested in residential construction and custom home building. This specific degree is preferred; however please note that favor may be given to those with a higher degree or level of accreditation. At least one year of formal work experience is preferred, and more than that is favored.
• Proficient in Revit and CAD, and comfortable with a BIM environment and architectural documentation
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Understand wood-frame construction and be familiar with residential building codes
• Incorporate applicable building codes and standards into projects
• Able to work in 2D and 3D through sketching and modeling
• Generate architectural renderings (interior + exterior) and construction drawings
• Ability to convert schematic designs into construction documents
• Prepare contract documents, including details, sections, elevations, and schedules as well as perform redline revisions
• Performs tasks according to On Point Custom Homes delivery standards
• Must have strong graphic skills with attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organization skills with the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
• Creative problem solving
• Comfortable with one on one client interaction
• Be located or willing to locate to the Houston area
We are looking for someone to work with our architectural design team and expect this individual to be design-conscious and detail oriented. Because On Point deals with a niche set of clientele with big ideas, our architectural designers must have a desire to work on the more artistic side of construction. The individual must be able to accurately and efficiently convert a unique idea into a visually pleasing work of art for the client. The individual must be open to critique and changing demands made by the client, as well as the rest of the On Point team.
Open collaboration with the entire On Point team is critical. The custom home building industry is constantly changing, and here at On Point we strive to stay ahead of the change and work with new ideas and designs. We expect the newest member of our team to be willing and ready for the ever-changing environment, as well as prepared to be a part of a continually growing and successful company.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ashley Tucker at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject reading: Architectural Candidate – Your Name. Feel free to include your portfolio; however, please limit this to 4MB.