We are seeking candidates with interests in design, technology and education to join our team as Coaches at our partner schools, in Florida, Kansas, and Scotland. Our Coaches are responsible for leading studios where they brainstorm, design, and create with the students. They also work alongside other Coaches and experts from various fields in a dynamic studio setting.
The NuVu Design + Technology Fellows will be Coaches based at partner schools who will assist in the development of studio projects. The Fellows, in conjunction with the Coaches from NuVu in Cambridge, will be a key resource for students in the design and execution of projects over the course of the school year. An ideal candidate is passionate about education and excited about expanding their own knowledge and creativity.
As a Design + Technology Fellow, your responsibilities will include:
● Aiding in the implementation of studios on a wide range of topics with the support of the NuVu Team
● Teaching fundamental technical and design skills
● Giving critical feedback to students about their ideas and their prototypes
● Guiding students in realizing complex projects
● Supporting student progress reporting
● A passion for working with K-12 students
● Design, programming, electronics, and mechanics expertise
● An undergraduate or graduate degree in a design or design-tech field such as architecture, computational design, or industrial design, or equivalent experience.
● Detail oriented
● Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with a diverse group of people
● Proficiency with CAD and fabrication
● Teaching experience
● Strong writing and graphic communication abilities
● A strong understanding of the design and making process: brainstorming, ideating, and prototyping
● Ability to think both conceptually and concretely about projects
● Proficiency with wood shop tools, digital fabrication, 3D printers and CNC machining
● Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and 3D modeling software (Rhino and Fusion preferred)
● Proficiency with Arduino and designing with electronics
Benefits and Start Date:
This is a full time position with health benefits. Compensation is competitive.
The Design + Technology Fellows will begin work at NuVu in Cambridge in Spring 2018 and will then transition to their respective schools for the start of the 2018-2019 school year.
To apply, please send a letter of interest, resume, and portfolio to Emily Glass at firstname.lastname@example.org